Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Heard from the Street - Friday 3/20/09

Teluca Lake, California

The "Heard from the Street" report represents a series of short interviews regarding what Main Street in Southern California is thinking regarding, "How are you coping with the changing economy?"

Middle Aged Businessman: It was sunset and a cool moist wind was blowing as we spoke. John has been a business owner for over 25 years. Obviously proud of that statement, he told me he was very concerned about the future. His head was balding and his eyes were alive with emotion. I am in a real jam. I have never seen business this bad, really Jim. I have maximized my credit cards to the limit. I can’t get any credit. Now I am living off my mother’s money. Voice quivering, I am not sure how long I can hang on. I don’t understand it, what happen?

Comment
John is worried about what comes next. So am I.

James Monachino

No comments: